Lumecca IPL FAQs
1. What is Lumecca IPL?
Lumecca is the most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) laser on the market to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. It is often referred to as a Photofacial. After just one use, patients notice significant improvements in the complexion and clarity of the skin. It is the treatment of choice for treating red/brown spots and sun damage. Since the IPL is attracted to color, it will help get rid of freckles, age spots, Rosacea and facial veins. Harvard recently did a study over 10 years that shows how an IPL slows down the aging process inside the cells, thus slowing down the overall aging of your skin!
2. When should I have a Lumecca IPL treatment?
A Lumecca IPL can be performed any time of the year. However, his laser seeks color therefore clients should avoid having a tan (real of fake) 3 weeks prior to the treatment.
3. How is a Lumecca IPL a skin rejuvenating modality?
Studies indicate that IPLs affect the DNA inside the cell, literally decreasing the aging process. When performed 2-3 times/year it is a GREAT treatment of choice for all ages as it helps prevent fine lines/wrinkles while decreasing pore size. It will give you a clear complexion and is often referred to as a PHOTOFACIAL. Have you ever noticed how all the celebrities have glowing skin when they are on the red carpet? If you are going to an event, have a Lumecca performed 7-10 days before for a radiant look!
4. Why is the Lumecca IPL better than other IPLs?
• The number of treatments is less: 1-2 treatments compared to 6-8 with other IPL devices.
• A high pulse repetition rate and a larger area that can be treated at a time to reduce the treatment time for each session.
• The tip of the device is made of sapphire which causes a strong cooling sensation and gets rid of the need for topical numbing.
• There is no recovery time: the IPL does not cause peeling or redness following treatment. The only things that are required post-treatment is limiting sun exposure and wearing sunscreen for a couple of weeks following treatment.
5. How often can I have a Lumecca treatment?
You can have a treatment every 3-4 weeks.
6. What areas do you treat with a Lumecca?
You can use it everywhere on the body to achieve a clear complexion. The most common places are the: face, neck, décolletage, and hands as these areas are often exposed to the sun. However, arms, legs, shoulders, bald heads, and backs are becoming quite popular requested areas to be treated as people are looking to tackle sun damaged skin.
7. How much does a Lumecca cost?
Cost start as low as $300 for a single treatment depending on the area. Package pricing is available for those with deep pigmentation or vascular issues. CareCredit is available for those looking for financial options.
8. Does a Lumecca help acne?
Yes! Not only will the Lumecca IPL help with acne discoloration, but it also kills surface bacteria and decreases pore size helping to minimize trapping of oil.
9. Can you have a Lumeccs IPL if you are not 18 years old?
Yes, as long as you have parental consent and there are no medical limiting factors.
10. Does a Lumecca help with pore size?
Yes, Lumeccca IPL will tighten the skin and decrease the appearance of pores improving the overall appearance of your skin.